Hi, all! Happy Friday!! (Is it just me, or did Friday come super quickly this week?) I’m loving this “Oh hey, Friday” link-up – it’s so fun to see the 5 “anythings” bloggers are sharing this morning!
5 little happinesses:
1. To-do lists. You caught me, I’m a planner. List-making is seriously energizing. It motivates me to actually get up off the couch and accomplish things! It may sound silly to those of you who don’t write to-do lists, but there is a definite difference (in productivity, even happiness!) between days I write a list and days I decide not to. Anyway, here’s what I’ve got so far for today:
^^ Oops. Guess I’d better keep going! ^^
2. The trees here. You may think that living on base, we’re surrounded only by buildings and streets. Actually, the Petersburg National Battlefield is pushed right up against Fort Lee – and that means miles of beautiful quiet dusty trails and hushed mossy forests of these stunning, tall trees! I can’t get enough of them!
^^ Speaking of trees…can someone please tell me if this is a dogwood?! These are EVERYWHERE here in Virginia, in pink and in white! I absolutely love them! Also, just wondering, can we grow them in MN? 🙂 ^^
3. The fact that lunchtime looks this like around here. Food photography is something I do…well, all the time. It’s become a bit of a hobby, and it’s something I really want to get better at! I took a food photography class which I talked about HERE. There’s just something special about careful preparation of a meal and intentional handling of beautiful ingredients.
So yesterday, lunch went from this:
Want the recipe? Click HERE. 🙂
4. My Spotify station. I used to obsessively give songs a “thumbs-up” or “thumbs-down,” but now it’s almost like Spotify reads my mind (I think that’s the point, Hannah, haha!). They hardly ever get it wrong anymore. 🙂 My whole station is based on the artist named Gregory Alan Isakov. It’s peaceful, thought-provoking stuff, and I love his voice. I’ve noticed over the years that I’ve gravitated towards more acoustic, quiet, repetitive songs. The guitar, violin, and simple harmonies are just so soothing.
5. Starbucks. For so many reasons. It’s a great “office space” to use for a day. The drinks are great (comforting, even!). The decorations make me want to turn my living room at home into a coffee shop. I think my husband will go for that. Right? 🙂
^^ Home-coffee-shop inspiration picture #1. I’m liking this idea more and more. 🙂 ^^
That’s all for now! Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the web! And while you’re at it, check out other “Oh hey, Friday” posts by clicking on this link-up button!