I love Nutella! It’s got that great hazelnut flavor, and I love the fact that it’s more than chocolate – it’s like chocolate dressed up for a special occasion 😉 Granted, I don’t have Nutella all the time since it’s so rich, but…when I began my love affair with galettes (see the Rustic Spiced Pear Galette that started it all), I started thinking of ways I could incorporate Nutella into a galette. And that’s why I’m excited about these – the Nutella complements the tart cherry taste wonderfully!
Let’s jump right in. 🙂 Today, I’m introducing you to:
Mini Cherry Nutella Galettes
Pie crust (store-bought or home-made) – this time, I made my own 🙂
Cherry pie filling
Heavy whipping cream
What to do:
1. Roll out pie crust dough.
2. Use a bowl (with a diameter about as big as your hand) to cut out small circles of the dough.
3. Scoop about a tablespoon of Nutella onto the center of each circle.
4. Follow that with a tablespoon of pie filling. Don’t over-fill these or it’ll be too hard to fold up the sides.
5. Fold up the crust in typical galette fashion. 🙂
6. Brush the crust with whipping cream and sprinkle sugar on top!
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
And, ta-da!! There you are! Happy munching!
What fun ways do you use Nutella in recipes??